Fertility Network UK
14,278 members23,488 posts

4th Time Lucky

So after 2 fresh transfers and 1 frozen transfer, which resulted in a miscarriage at 13 weeks earlier this year we have decided to go private.

Consent forms all signed. Period cycle has started and now just waiting on a call today from my clinic to see what happens next and get it all organised.

I’m just so ready to get started again. Though I’m a bit nervous as previously I was on the long protocol under the NHS, which did get us pregnant. This time it’s the Flare protocol.

Can only stay positive. 💞

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Good luck 🍀 xx

1 like

Wishing you lots of luck, hope it’s 4th time lucky 🤞x

1 like

Good luck! 🤞🏻🙏🏻

1 like

Good luck! Can I ask what the difference is between the long and flare protocol. I've been given the long on both my NHS attempts. Both ended in mc x

1 like

Hi. The way I have understood it is the long protocol uses the most drugs to get you to the end goal of simulation but the flare uses less drugs and in a different way to trigger the brain to do things a bit more naturally (well as much as it can be natural). Still need to take drugs and injections but not as much. So it is a bit different.

I could be a bit off track but that’s my understanding of it.

Good luck, lovely. Fingers crossed xx

1 like

Good luck! I’m starting my 4th next week so perhaps we will be on this together! 🍀🍀xxx

1 like

Here is hoping. Good luck to you too. I’ll give you a wee follow to hear how you are getting on. 💞

You may also like...