what are the signs of ADHD?

I am dyslexic but my auntie is convinced that I have ADHD. I would love to get to the bottom of it because I have done a lot of research but I'm not getting the answers I need. I think that I have ADHD because I don't just struggle in school but I struggle with other things as well

Any advice?

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Best to get expert assessment, rather than opinions from family, friends or the web. I tried that too, and it was only when I got a full professional assessment that I began to understand how dyslexia presented for me. Then I had something real and coherent to work with!

Dyslexia is certainly not just about struggling in school. There are a lot of day-to-day issues to do with managing oneself (including attention issues) and ones environment.

So go for proper assessment if you can. Then you will have a better idea of where to go for help and advice.

Good luck!

• Hi, I'm a qualified assessor and I can highly recommend Brown's (2013) book 'A New Understanding of ADHD in Children and Adults'. ADHD is a research interest of mine and so I'd be happy for you to contact me if you want to gain a good idea of whether you demonstrate enough characteristics of ADHD to pursue a diagnosis. Feel free to get in touch - support@beacon-services.org .

You may also like...