While we think that acne is simply pimples, this skin condition can take on various forms like blackheads, papules, pustules, whiteheads, nodules, cysts and others. Acne is usually found to appear on the face but it can even occur in other areas of the body such as back, chest, buttocks, upper arms, neck and shoulders. Acne is a common problem that happens to most teenagers and it often accompanies them to adult hood. It is genetic in nature as well. Thus, those who have had parents and others in the family line suffering from acne are bound to develop such a problem as well. It is necessary to understand what causes acne and how to prevent it. Once the right symptoms are known one will be able to make use of simple home remedies to work their way round the problem.
Causes Of Back Acne
When you develop acne on your facial skin or on your back, it is mainly due to:
• The clogging of skin pores with dead cells and dirt. Such people have oily skin where the dead cells or the dirt get clogged and improper skin hygiene traps these particles on the topmost cell layer. The bacteria that lives on the skin starts working on these dead cells and that is when acne or a nodule appears.
• Acne could be caused due to irritation of the skin and there are stages of its developments. From the nodule it becomes a whitehead and then finally it erupts.
• Many people develop blackheads on their skin as well which is another form of acne.
Symptoms Of Back Acne
While acne anywhere on the body or on the face comes along with different appearances, the symptoms are similar for the sufferer:
• Acne can be painful especially at the time of formation. From a red swelling it will gradually develop a head and then either it will burst or dry out.
• Acne on the face makes people, especially teenagers painfully aware of the problem and how it mars their appearance
• Back acne can be painful as it prevents one to sit or to lie back comfortably.
• Back acne could persist as the clothes we wear irritate the skin and makes it persist.
• Even after the acne has disappeared, the scars could persist.
How To Get Rid Of Back Acne
There are many effective home remedies that one can try to get rid of back acne. Above all, one needs to make certain lifestyle and hygiene changes in order to get rid of such persistent skin problems.
1. Ensure Regular Cleaning Routine
Many people do not scrub themselves properly during their bath. That leads to:
• Dead cells not removed from the surface of the skin
• The excess oil is not wiped off
Those who have oily skin need to take special care of their skin in order to keep it dry and clean at all times.
2. Do Not Touch The Acne
When one has facial or back acne, one is often tempted to touch it. But that can have adverse effects:
• It will make the acne persist
• The dirt and irritation from our hands may make it larger
3. Try A Retinol Based Cream
One could apply a retinol rich medicated cream which will work on the acne:
• It will help to reduce the acne and the pain
• Help to make it last for a shorter period of time
4. Do Not Pinch It
Many people are tempted to pinch the whitehead and puncture the acne.
• That can lead to the pus coming out
• The acne area will be scarred
It is best to wait for the acne to go down by itself. When the acne is pinched, it leaves behind ugly acne scars.
[Also Read: Five simple and effective home remedies for acne scars]
5. Look At Your Diet
Once one has ensured a proper cleaning routine for their skin to be free of dirt and grime, one need to:
• Look into one’s diet to remove oily food and sugary food items
• Replace such food items with fresh and nutritious food groups
6. Avoid Oily And Processed Food
Food that secretes excess oil, is deep fried or consists of fats will:
• Make the skin cells secrete more sebum
• That will increase the chances of acne
[Don't Miss: Simple Home Remedies For Acne]
7. Avoid Sugary Food
Food that is high on easy sugars lead to high levels of blood sugar that can be harmful for the system:
• Avoid confectionary items
• Avoid beverages and desserts high in fructose content
Instead, opt for natural sugars that is contained in fruits.
8. Expose Your Back To The Sun
If you are suffering from back acne, a dose of strong sunlight might do the trick:
• Expose the back for ten or fifteen minutes under strong sunlight
• Ensure that you wear a light sunscreen to avoid the surrounding skin being burnt
9. Try Sea Water
If you can visit the beach you could try:
• Putting your back into the sea water
• The salty water will reduce the acne greatly
10. Change Your Skin Care Products
When one has acne it proves that they have oily skin.
• One should use oil free and medicated body wash
• Use a similar lotion to hydrate the skin after bath
11. Drink Plenty Of Fluids
It is best to keep oneself hydrated:
• Toxins are flushed from the system
• As the blood is cleansed the probability of acne formation reduces
12. Have An Active Lifestyle
Get moving, start doing exercise for half an hour every day. That will:
• Help to reduce acne breakouts
• Increase the circulation and make the skin more healthy
If you are suffering from back acne you will realize that it is a painful occurrence. You need to take every step to prevent it from occurring again. With the right diet, a regular cleaning routine, better lifestyle management you will be able to keep the acne at bay. Are you not aware of the steps you can take to prevent back acne at home? The above steps mentioned are easy to implement.