Can you help me by providing details of diet and details of foods to be followed?

am 39 years old. height is 175cm. Weight 74 kg. Healthy. Playing foot ball. I am diabetic. My last sugar level is FBS 108. Eating normal as in kerala, ie Rice, fish curry and vegetables, Occasionally read meet. Using Medicine 1 -0 -0.5 day. Medicine is Linopride 500. thank you for your reply. I want to know about the side effect of this medicine if any and your food program . please reply

4 Replies

• * Avoid single high concentrated meals.

* Small frequent meals, more times in a day.

* Avoid consuming food at night.

* Food high in fibre content like vegetables, whole pulses, fruits, etc.

Ideal combination of diabetic diet should be:--

Carbohydrates: 55-60%.

Fat: 30%.

Proteins: 15-20% (0.8g /kg /body wt).

Fibres 40 g/day.

Do not eat at all:--

Sugar, jam, syrups, honey, sweets, chocolates, fruit juices, ice creams, cold drinks, glucose drinks, cakes and pastries, sweet biscuits, puddings and protein powder with sugar.

Eat in moderation:--

Bread, chapatis, oat porridge, cornflakes (No sugar), Cheese, butter, Noodles or spaghetti, macroni, Thick soups, Milk & milk products, Chicken, lean meat, fish.

Take unrestricted:--

* Salads (cucumber, tomato, onion, raddish, salad leaves).

* Vegetables (cabbage, baigan, lady fingers, french beans, methi, palak).

* Fruits (except banana, chockoo or mangoes).

* Sprouted beans and pulses.

* Marie biscuit (with less sugar).

* Clear soups, Lemon juice, Buttermilk

• Searched Google. There is no medicine known as "Linopride 500". Please furnish generic name of the drug and also the name of the pharmaceutical company.

• Keep carbohydrate intake between 10 and 14 portions per day (1 portion = 10g carbohydrate), ideally 3 meals x 4 carb portions.

Eat low GI carbs

Make up the balance of your meals with natural, additive-free, unprocessed protein and fat foods.

MFG. BY AKUM DRUG & PHARMACUTICALS , Ranipur, Haridwar -249403 india

You may also like...