diabitic since last 6 yrs,sugar level is under control with single dose of pill Ziglim plus 1 mg. I am a boozer taking four pegs daily

Is this advisable for person like me a diabitic since last 6 yrs,sugar level is under control with single dose of pill Ziglim plus 1 mg. I am a boozer taking four pegs daily with 8 cig.

What consequences would be in future if I continue same life style further ??

Rgds.........Niranjan

Skip

Featured Content

Living with diabetes?

Connect with people like you to get support, advice and tips towards improving your health.

Get started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Here are some other ways that alcohol can affect diabetes:--

* While moderate amounts of alcohol can cause blood sugar to rise, excess alcohol can actually decrease your blood sugar

level -- sometimes causing it to drop into dangerous levels.

* Beer and sweet wine contain carbohydrates and may raise blood sugar.

* Alcohol stimulates your appetite, which can cause you to overeat and may affect your blood sugar control.

* Alcohol can interfere with the positive effects of oral diabetes medicines or insulin.

* Alcohol may increase triglyceride levels.

* Alcohol may increase blood pressure.

* Alcohol can cause flushing, nausea, increased heart rate, and slurred speech.

Tobacco smoking is the largest single avoidable cause of premature death and the most important known carcinogen.

* It is associated particularly with lung cancer but also has a causative role in many other cancers, eg. esophageal, head

and neck.

* 15% of all cancer cases worldwide and >30% of cases in men from developed countries are attributed to smoking.

* A substantial increase in cancer burden may be expected unless measures to control consumption are strengthened -- a

consequence of the ongoing increase in global cigarette consumption, especially among women and in developing countries.

* Smoking cessation reduces the risk of cancer, but programmes promoting cessation have had only limited success.

* Passive exposure to tobacco smoke also contributes.

* Smoking is responsible for ~90% of cases of lung cancer and the relative risk in lifelong smoker compared to a lifelong

non-smoker is between 10- and 30- fold dependent on intensity and duration of exposure.

Ziglim Plus is a combination of three drugs viz., Glimepiride, Metformin and Pioglitazone

Alcohol consumption and exposure to sunlight should be restricted in patients taking it [Glimepiride] because they can worsen the side effects.

Check HbA1c test and liver function test.

Sources:--

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HbA1c

nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/enc...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver...

nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/enc...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glime...

nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/dru...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metfo...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piogl...

google.co.in/#q=ziglim+plus...