Diabetes & Hypertension Help Society
10,235 members1,197 posts

How do I get an erection. I am diabetic

11 Replies
oldestnewest

See your doctor and he will be able to give you some prescription for the condition. But remember that, this situation is one of the complications of diabetes. Try to control your sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol levels.

thanks

Thanks

Let me know if there was any improvement after seeing your doctor.

Dear Mukuha,

For a good erection you need good diabetes control, good blood vessel and nerve function. Blood pressure and lipid control is also vital. Erectile dysfunction is a diabetic complication but can be managed via many modalities ranging from drugs, erection devices to surgery.

You need medical assessment thereafter, the best option can be taken.

the best way I have experienced is controling blood sugar to be between 110 mgdl to 120 mgdl. I have not heard any problem with it. My blood sugar ranges between 110 to 120 mgdl.

Sometimes, controlling blood sugar alone does not work - if you are in good control and cant erect. Please see your health professional soonest. The earlier you are managed the better the outcome.

Kindly don't wait to long on this.

Hi you could also try out supplements which have been researched and proven and are also safe like horny goat weed extract, vig Rx (be caution of imitations).

Alot of answers have shown that they are coming from unproffesionals, let HealthUnlocked get us a proffesional answer from a proffesional doctor.

ya lets have the experts view from the medical point of view

i have the same problem, its very frustrating to me and my partner, i fear loosing her some day due to this problem. let the experts talk it over, we are always ready to implement answers.