Week 9, Run 2: Morning Glory: So given the... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
105,600 members136,400 posts

Week 9, Run 2: Morning Glory

Warb81
Warb81Graduate

So given the intense heat this week, I decided to try something new and I dragged myself out of bed at 5am for a morning run.

I'm not a morning person, so getting out of bed was a real challenge, but it only took one snooze and I was up and ready to go. I grabbed a quick slurp of water, got dressed and headed on out.

When I first stepped out of the house, the air was so nice and cool it made me instantly confident that I had made the right choice. Watching the sunrise over the Amstel this morning as I ran along the banks was simply stunning and the lack of people and traffic out there made things even more enjoyable.

And so... as we do, I got running. I'm not sure why but I was quite lethargic today and although I completed my run I didn't manage to get up to my usual pace and most of my splits came in around the 7-minute mark and my overall average pace being 6'41"/KM. Oh and despite it being cooler, the run didn't feel any easier and I still ended up super hot and sweaty.

The best part of all was getting home, having a nice cold shower and then crawling back into bed for snuggles with my 1-year old for a while before dragging myself off to work. :-)

I watched a video recently on YouTube where internet vlogger extraordinaire Casey Neistat says "you can substitute sleep with exercise". Maybe it'll take a few more runs, but I'm not quite so sure...

One run left and then it's on to bigger and better things!

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Your body was probably in shock !🙃

misswobble
misswobbleGraduate

Well done for getting out early. I’m not an early bird by any means. I run at the end of the day. we can run to suit ourselves or as the weather dictates 😃

In this really hot weather keep the pace down. You should be running very slowly at this stage anyway 🙂

Nearly there now 👍😃

Well done you, it was so hot last night that I actually contemplated getting up and going for a run at 1am! Needless to say it didn’t happen until 7am and then it was flipping boiling! I shall be setting my alarm for 5am in future 👍

You may also like...