Couch to 5K
60,071 members92,696 posts

Retry of 6.3

Retry of 6.3

Didn't manage it again today, tried to run slower but only added a minute on and got to 21 mins and gave up: not sure if it's the hills on my route or psychological - as both days I have stopped at the end on my road!

Sunday I am trying a flatter route which takes me right away from home, so if I dont manage the run I will have to walk back fingers crossed that works.

I will keep retrying until I succeed, onwards and upwards!

8 Replies
oldestnewest

I think there could well be something in what you say abotu getting back to your road - your mind says 'we're home now, time to finish' and it's amazing how the mind can overrule the legs! It's all good practice though - so be proud of what you've achieved, and have fun on Sunday :)

3 likes

My mind certainly over rules my legs

You have now ran for 5mins (Jo tells me ?) 😳 NO I have ran for more than 5 minutes 😡

2 likes

Oh yes, those trainers/coaches definitely work on a different timescale to my little(!) legses! And just how long exactly is that "last 60 seconds" I'd like to know??? ;)

2 likes

I know what you mean, I'm sure that last 60 seconds is the same length as the rest of the run!

2 likes

For sure! :D

1 like

Fingers crossed...try to relax and enjoy the new route:)

1 like

A lot of us avoided the hills like the plague in the plan, and then introduced them afterwards. So a new route maybe the magic ingredient...

1 like

Well done for not giving up! You'll get there.

1 like

You may also like...