Overweight & running

I'm 5 stone overweight and I suffer with sciatica down my left hip/leg. I've been been having a personal training for last 5 month twice a week to help me with back and leg and core strengthening, this is helping as keeping mobile is doing me a lot of good. I'm trying to lose weight but this is coming off slowly. My question is this, I started my first couch to 5k session last night but found that I started getting the pain in my left hip and running down my leg to my calf. When I woke up today my ankle on the left is sore and that foot, is there anything I can do to stop this being a problem as i really want to run? Thank you 🤔

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Look back through recent posts or search for "Ugh...". I responded to that post as I and the writer have similar symptoms. There's some good ideas for you to try ( not just mine!!)

Well done for getting started and good luck!👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼🏃🏼‍♀️

• That was my post, if that makes things any easier to find :P

(Very good advice by the way)

• Very helpful thank you. Ive just done the leg over knee stretch and that felt really good, 2nd run Friday so i will see what happens 😁

• 2nd run on Friday was much better and no pain. I did the stretches before and afterwards. 3rd rum tomorrow morning, fingers crossed 😁

You may also like...