10k? Can't even get to 6k!

So, started to try and gradually increase my distance by doing a slightly longer run every week, and some shorter runs for stamina, and at the 5.6k mark I have - excuse my French - b*gg***d my knee up. It started off with just puffiness and no pain and now, 2 weeks later, I still have puffiness, stiffness and much discomfort. I've done a couple of little 2k jogs which doesn't appear to make it any worse (standing for 8 or 9 hours at work is what DOES make it worse) but I'm annoyed because this is the first injury I've had since an ankle injury just after I graduated in 2013. We have a physio at work and I'm hoping to see her on Tuesday. I would have gone sooner only she was on holiday (how very DARE she?!).

Just felt the need to offload here as I'm not getting sympathy anywhere else!!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Any injury for a runner is really bad news, but you know what? We recover and get back to it so don't worry too much. Just get a proper diagnosis, do whatever the professionals tell you and don't return to running too quickly. This too will pass. Just keep the faith 🙂

• Thank you.

• Good that you can see a physio! Take it steady, you'll soon be back😀🏃🏻‍♀️

• Thank you.

You may also like...