Coronary artery spasms

Hi has anyone been diagnosed with a heart murmur and coronary artery spasms?

I had a sudden heart attack two years ago and had stent put in. Since last January I've had unstable angina - the pain was every day, and I was using my gtn spray every day as often as four times a day, and I would get angina in my sleep and at rest, and I'm always tired- and last week I was rushed to hospital where I had an angiogram which confirmed I have quite severe spasms in my coronary arteries. Ive also been diagnosed with a heart murmur. I asked the cardiologist if there was any surgery that such as a bypass which could rectify the condition, I was told no, it's controlled with anti- angina medication.

Does anyone else suffer from this and is there a remedy?

I don't smoke, I've been taken off blood pressure tablets, not diabetic, and have another 10kg's to lose, I don't drink either. So feel a little gutted😢

4 Replies

oldest • newest
  • I'm sorry you are suffering. Have you tried avoiding high-glycaemic foods, and reducing your fructose intake? glycemicindex.com

phcuk.org/wp-content/upload...

Eat natural fat instead as part of a balanced eating plan.

• You need to take measures to improve your endothelial function. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endot... The way to do this is to reduce inflammation in your body and to increase 'nitric oxide' nutritionexpress.com/showar...

The best way to do this naturally is through daily exercise and eating the right foods.

Spinach, arugula, watermelon, pomegranates, walnuts, brown rice. anabolicmen.com/foods-that-...

But remember, exercise is critical and must be done daily.

• I had some what of a similar symptom...after tablets and stenting...the thought was that this was caused by cervical spondilytis. Exactly what is your spasm symptom feel like and where?

• So sorry to hear of your problems Talha2010 ,it must behorrible to suffer the pain you do,i truly hope something will be done and soon to help you x

You may also like...