Log in
Care Community
4,714 members908 posts


Hi I'm new to this forum i wondered if anyone could help me fill in a few voids as regards claiming carers allowance for my sick husband who suffers depression and other health issues, we are both on universal credit and my husband is on pip daily living component at the lower rate of £55 ponds a week , what I want to know if I get the carers allowance will i still have to attend the job centre for my work search interviews? I care for him 24/7 he can't be left alone a majority of the time. Any feedback would be gratefully received thankyou.

2 Replies

Hi Prince999, welcome to the forum. Please have a look at the pinned posts to the right of the screen. They may help to answer your query.Also, you may like to have a look on Citizens Advice Bureau website citizensadvice.org.uk. Are there any members of the forum who could answer this query for Prince999, please?Best wishes.


If you look on the CarersUK website under attending work based interviews if you are a carer it will give you all the rules and regulations. There is even a template letter you can use if you feel you have been unfairly treated. Hope this helps.x


You may also like...