I was reflecting on my four years of T and trying to remember what I used to be like. Clearly we all change as we get older but I have been thinking about the part that T played. Here is my plan if you want to join in. I will list a positive for every negative that I mention. Some are contradictory but that is the nature of T.
1. I have become more short tempered!!!
2. My resilience is less as T causes me to dip into my reserves.
3. My overall mood is generally lower.
4. I get angry about the unfairness in the world.
5. I sometimes feel resentful that people I feel are underserving, do not have T and I have.
6. I miss certain social events as it kicks off my T
7. I hate being needy but sometimes I just am.
Now the positives-
1. I am more compassionate towards people who are struggling with life.
2. I feel more connected with people around me. When I am connected I worry less and my T is less noticeable. This can be one-to-one or even on the Forum
3. I am more thankful for having friends and family.
4. I have to keep busy so I spend more time at the gym. Much fitter.
5. I work harder at making positive memories.
6. I am not such a pushy parent and realise that "happiness" is much more important.
7. Little things that used to wind me up have now become unimportant.
8. I now truly understand the term "Your health is your wealth". I give more to mental health charities.
I have listed more positives but I still hate having T. Please feel free to add your positives and negatives. I found it quite cathartic. Hopefully you will too.
Wishing you peace and quiet.