Sickness tip?

Hoping this is taken in the way it is intended...! 😁.

Do do let me know if inappropriate or insensitive.....apologies in advance......

Just been speaking to god down the big white telephone and thought to myself ooh the toilet could do with a clean so out came the anti bacterial wipes (tho forgot the gloves so immediately washed hands after) and it certainly took my mind off the sickness albeit briefly.

Tip 2: I used a small decorative cushion that sits on my laundry basket to kneel on while doing so thereby providing padding for my knees πŸ‘πŸ».

Xx

Last edited by

7 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hi ... Love the humour !! Keep it up .. (Or should I say down πŸ˜³πŸ™„πŸ˜„πŸ˜˜)

• Ah you poor woman. Hate that conversation down that phone πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ great idea using a cushion. Please take care and I hope your treatment becomes more bareable for you xxx

• Sorry to know you are having to 'communicate' down the big white phone. Don't they give you anti nausea drugs in The UK? I hope you soon feel better. Much better. Humour is what keeps us going, without it- we may as well pack up anyway! Love your style. ❀😘

• Morning Debbie

How are you feeling today, did you manage to get some sleep?

I'll catch up with you later as l have an appointment this morning.

I've been thinking about you πŸ’•

Take Care πŸ’

Angela xx

• Debster2016

Hi Debbie

How's it going? Worse/or not as bad as you thought? It's very much the fear of the unknown when they start pushing the drugs through, isn't it? !

I always used to say to Nurses check my feet, if I've got running shoes on watch out, but I always wore heels! πŸ‘ 

Have you started the injections yet? I found they made me feel like I'd smoked 40 untipped cigarettes, more specifically the brand called 'Camel'

Hope all's well, just keep away from anyone who's ill there are a lot of coughs & colds around.

Take Care πŸ’

Sending Hugs

Mrs N πŸ’…πŸΌ Angela xx

• Hello there Mrs N Angela

Yes I feel better thank you so much for asking. It didn't get any worse and in fact sickness seems to have passed. I feel fine in the afternoons so manage to eat dinner tho appetite is reduced.

Injections start tomorrow Monday...😳. Are they worth it do we know? I suppose I must trust them.....

As it goes a short walk to pub yesterday teatime led to a busy atmosphere and as soon as one person coughted I thought uh oh so thank you for your guidance. Am taking temperature 4 times a day pre paracetamol too.

You are kind, your last year post struck a chord with me as I hope it did with our other troubled ladies.

Thank you very much β€οΈπŸ’πŸ€ xx

• Hi Debbie

The injections bring the white blood cell count up again so definetly worth it!

Antiseptic hand wipes are a good thing to carry in your bag, l worked in a hospital anyway so always went through doors backwards, never touching any surface! Might sound OTT but good practice when on Chemo.

Glad you're doing well & liked my post, thought it might be helpful for anyone.

Take Care & let us know how your doing & if you have any specific questions just ask.

Keep warm & keep well

Angela x

You may also like...