Lizzie 19 days El Nico zilch

Hey peeps this is like Wimbledon 19 love, it won't be long before I can say game set and match to me!! Some advice please .... have been noshing these 4mg nicotine lozenges every day since I quit. Is it necessary to keep on eating all these every day or could I reduce to the 2mg ones? I started on 8 a day and am now down to five. My main concern is that they are stuffed full of salt. Thoughts please, hugs to you all. xx

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sorry can't help but just came to say Well Done.

polly xx

• thanks polly sorry you have had such a rough night, join the just got up brigade ha ha

• I never used lozenges (about the only thing I did not try). I suppose it depends how you feel about it. Good luck whatever you decide.

x

• Well done Lizzie. Can't help with the lozenge question, I gave up the nicotene at the same time as I used Champix. Is it worth asking at the chemist?

Lynne x

• The theory is that after a period of time on the 4mg lozenges you then reduce to the 2mg thus gradually reducing the need for nicotine. It's like a reducing course of steroids - no sudden withdrawal. I stopped but still occasionally buy the 2mg gum, I actually like the taste and prefer it to normal gum! Hope it all goes well, take care, Richard.

• Come on Lizzie you can do it. Leaving the teens behind - tomorrow in the twenties

Libby x

• Hi Lizzie and well done you are doing ok. as Richard said reduce down to 2 or 1mg as and when you feel the time is right.

I gave up with the patches 7 yrs ago did well for about 18months then with a bout of depression

nearly had a cigarette. luckily i remembered my smoking councillor left me with some lozenges "just in case" i found them and was ok again but now addicted to the lozenges !!!

only supposed to take them for 6/9months so was a bit worried but neither my Dr or Dr at hospital seems concerned about it. all my Dr said was "better than smoking"

Keep up the good work

Ivyleaf xx

• Fantastic Lizzie,almost 3 whole weeks!!!! I never tried the lozengers when I gave up but with the patches you just cut down gradualy.Hope you are remembering to 'treat' yourself !! :) x

You may also like...