Teva digital inhailers cleared for us... - British Lung Foun...

British Lung Foundation
41,722 members47,965 posts

Teva digital inhailers cleared for use by FDA

soulboy118
soulboy118
5 Replies

A bluetooth connected digital inhailer has recently recieved approval for marketing.this device will be available next year and will deliver albuterol rescue medication for asthma and copd patients .

This inhailer will detect and measure each use , better helping health care professionals monitor usage of this rescue medicine and with the help of an app send this information to your doctor.

5 Replies
oldestnewest
HungryHufflepuff

I wonder who would get this kind of inhaler. I absolutely don’t want to start a political debate but when so many people are being switched to cheaper inhalers this sounds like something expensive. In theory it sounds like a great idea, though would also require decent internet. It reminds me of pacemakers that relay their information to the hospital. 👍

3 likes
soulboy118

I would think the new inhailers would pay for themselves by pinpointing over use or underuse, like anything though to do with technology I'm sure things will go wrong lol

1 like
HungryHufflepuff

I wonder how they work. 🤔 I’ll have to google them, I’m curious now.

1 like
Spacecat1

What a great idea.

1 like
HungryHufflepuff

proairdigihaler.com/

Lots of the websites I looked at have a photo of the blue ventolin inhaler, they're obviously just using a stock photo 🙄 The actual one is red. Designed to be used without a spacer 🤔 The instructions for the app seem complicated (to me anyway) maybe because I don't know how to scan a code thingy. I don't suppose it'll ever become standard issue so I really don't need to worry about it! It is a good idea though.

You may also like...