British Lung Foundation
35,389 members42,756 posts

Spiriva

Spiriva

Stopped Spiriva powder inhaler for a few days due to terrible scratchy throat, coughing and tight breathing in the evenings my Fev1 was a stable 71% but it went down to 61% without the Spiriva. The throat problem

/ breathing was much better though. Went back on it 2days ago and my Fev1 returned to 72%. Saw Gp today and have been given Spiriva Respimat to try so I hope this keeps my levels up.

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Spiriva Respimat is very gentle on the throat so hope it works for you Chriskho :)

🙏🤞

1 like

Hi, just to say, my throat has been scratchy & a bit sore over the last few days. I've put it down to all the allergens/pollens about in the heat. Good luck with your new inhaler. P

is there a machine to check my FEV??

1 like

🔝

How are you getting on with the Spiriva Respimat? I've just been prescribed this though haven't actually started taking it yet. The pharmacist demonstrated it for me. Is it really as complicated as it looked? I'm guessing not and I should probably try it to see. My pressing / breathing coordination isn't great and apparently you can't use a spacer with this one.

1 like

Hi HHp

Yes it’s great has improved my Fev1 . You will soon get the hang of it. Even though I have to read the instructions each time I get a new one on how to assemble it! I have to breathe in sharply as I press the button as otherwise it makes me cough. But Yes great stuff. Good luck. Let me know how you get on and if it improved things.

Thanks for your reply Chriskho. That's great it's improved your Fev1. I'll start taking it and hopefully get the hang of it. I'll let you know how I get on with it all. Thanks again 👍

1 like

You may also like...