Thanks again for all the positive feedback. Hope over time you benefit, as have I in doing these exercises.
Today I have been moved reading how some writers are really struggling. Many feel really low in spirits and I'm sure your many helpful, warm and encouraging replies help enormously. What a great bunch of people.
I was going to continue Healthy Breathing Gong. But having read the posts, I would like to slightly change tack.
Opening the Chest. Claimed to be good for heart, lungs and lifting spirits. In this movement- imagine you are opening curtains in the morning to let in the beautiful healing sunshine. I find it best to do this exercise in the morning - if you are able, outside, or, by a window facing the rising sun.
1. Stand, legs shoulder width apart.
2. With arms at your sides, raise your arms up in front of you to shoulder height, keeping arms shoulder width apart. Wrists floppy, allowing fingers to droop down. At the same time Inhale through the nose slowly and deeply in time with your raising arms - tip of tongue behind two front teeth.
3. Keeping relaxed, turn your palms inward to face each other. Open your arms wide to the side-still at shoulder height -exhale slowly and deeply. Opens the chest.
4. Bring your arms back to shoulder width apart (still level with height of your shoulders) palms facing each other, inhale slowly and deeply as before.
5. Turn palms to face downward. Slowly lower hands to waist level. At the same time bend your knees and exhale as you sink down (only as low as is comfortable).
6. Repeat at step 2 , raise your arms straighten legs and inhale.
Repeat as often as you are able. I do repetitions of 10. Mixing with the earlier exercises.
But only do what is comfortable and manageable- no straining.
Hope you can follow the above, I really find it lifts the spirit.