On this day last year, my nephew Jaimie and his love of 15 years, Nicola, married. Their two children, Emma and Grace were bridesmaids.
I missed the whole day because my sister, Catherine, gave me food poisoning the day before the wedding.
1st June 2012 was a gorgeous day - unfortunately, I was alternating between my bed in a B&B and the en suite bathroom.
Trying to breathe and trying to get rid of the fish my sister served me was horrendous. Not recommended.
I did have Catherine's husband, who is a paramedic, help me out, but I was so sad that I missed the ceremony.
From a disgruntled sister