British Heart Foundation
5,923 members3,731 posts

Tests booked in

Tests booked in

Hello all, just an update.

After experiencing angina symptoms I saw my GP who booked me in to see the rapid response clinic on the 16th Feb. Alas I was taken ill walking to the train station on the 13th Feb and carted off to Basildon a&e in a lovely green and yellow van. Tests showed no heart attack but now fast tracked for an angiogram and echo tests, angio on the 16th echo a week or so later. More medication prescribed which seem to have stopped the symptoms unless it's bitterly cold...oh yes this week has been tough. I did manage a trip to spain for some leisuerly walking in between. So we have a few things it could be and I'm just concentrating on the better ones.

I hope you all have been keeping warm and wrapped up this week, my weather guru tells me it's going to get a little warmer which is always welcome.

Take care all

Mark

20 Replies
oldestnewest

Poor you ... Hope everything goes ok when you have your Angio , Thinking of you 🙏 ... ♥️ Gillian

1 like

So sorry to hear this Mark, sounds like you are in excellent hands though. Hopefully the tests will give a diagnoses. I too have struggled with the cold, roll on spring. I envy you your escape to the sun.

Stay warm now you’re home.

Dory x

1 like

Fingers crossed for you Mark , pleased you got some walking in Spain - FYI you have been an inspiration in my recovery from you posts thank you

1 like

Fingers crossed 🤞 for you Mark. Glad you got to see the sun 🌞 I too love your posts.

Kaz❤️💕💖

1 like

Good luck and hope all goes well

1 like

Hope there is a positive outcome from your tests. To be quite honest I don't get angina. We have had what seems to be a long winter weather wise. Keep us up to date with your news

Franx

1 like

Hi Mark hope your tests go well and don't show anything to worrying X I also read your posts you were the first one to respond to me when I first wrote on this group you are always quick to help us so please keep well xx

1 like

Thanks for all the replies, will let you know what the outcome is

Good luck Mark spring is on its way

1 like

Sorry to hear Mark... and good luck with your tests. This bitter cold has floored me.... and so glad you were able you get out of it for a while. Pic looks fab.

Do let us know your results and hope you are feeling better soon .. and the weather now starts warming up!

Karen

1 like

Hi Mark

Sorry to hear that you need some more investigation.

It was a good move to see your GP mine always says if I don't feel well see her straight away, or call the Blue Light Brigade. Advice we all need to heed

Wishing you well

Frank W

1 like

Mark it's a roller-coaster we are on and it looks like we are sat in the front row seats !!

I thought it was all done with after the by-pass, but see the Cardiologist tomorrow for more Heart related stuff.

Just unfortunate to not really be any better after the by-pass surgery !!!

Regards

and take care

Frank W

sorry to hear that Frank, fingers crossed all is ok

Mark

Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow, Frank. Keep us posted x

Sorry to hear this, Mark, but glad it didn't scupper your trip to Spain at least. Hope your tests yield some answers. Will be sending good vibes your way. I think we have all officially HAD ENOUGH of the cold weather. What is it they say about March? In like a lion, out like a lamb? Thinking we're due a full-on tropical heat wave by the end of the month!

1 like

Hearing it might be 15 degrees on Sunday haha

Will look out my shades! 😎

1 like

Hello

The Sun is Shinning today .

Just been to see the Cardiologist. First meeting and very positive my E F on the Stress MRI was 46 % the last time it was checked it was 37 % and been as low as 26 % so it just goes to show don't get hung up on Ejection Fraction.

I do need to have some more work done ( Sounds like the Dentist ) He doesn't think it is worthwhile to attempt opening my Right Coronary Artery the Heart Muscle in the area is Dead and can't be improved by trying to open a blood flow to it .

Now the positive he believes he can open up my LAD and improve the blood flow to a different area, where there is scope to increase the Flow which will be of Benefit to my Muscle. He says it will be 4/5 weeks before I will be in to have it done and Brilliantly he reckons I could be admitted in the Morning and Home in the Evening so things are looking up I am a fairly positive person but over the moon with this consultation.

Regards

Frank W

Hi Mark

Sorry to hear you’ve had a set back. Hope all goes well for your tests, sending positive vibes and thoughts to you. Love the picture.

Take care Lisa

Thanks Lisa

1 like

You may also like...