Xolair: Has anyone had Xolair... - Asthma UK communi...

Asthma UK community forum
13,650 members19,149 posts

Xolair

Lizzie1956
Lizzie1956
11 Replies

Has anyone had Xolair injections and it’s made them worse??!!

Liz

11 Replies
oldestnewest
angievere

No, quite the opposite. Turned my son’s life around.

1 like
Lizzie1956

I’m so pleased for him. Think I’m clutching at straws as to why I feel so unwell! 😞

angievere

How long have you been having Xolair? It took about 3 months to make a difference to my son. He’s been on them about 4 years now. Still gets wheezy but otherwise a vast improvement.

1 like
Lizzie1956

I’ve just had 3 months so far. I’m so glad it’s helped your son x

angievere

And you are not feeling better? Sorry to hear it if that’s the case. But follow your consultant’s advice. I do hope things improve for you. xx

Lizzie1956

I thought I was but had this shitty exacerbation. He thinks it’s a blip. Well we’ll see I guess. I trust my consultant 100% so I’m in his hands x

Carlmorfey

I had the injections part of a drugs trial they had no effect on me, but made my skin feel better

1 like
Asthmagenie

Sorry to hear you haven’t been well but try to hold onto the thought it’s a blip. My son has been on it 8 months and it worked almost immediately-and he really needed that as nothing else was working. He has done really well until the last couple of weeks when he got a cold and peak flow has gone down. I think I’m getting the cold now and can feel my breathing getting worse. Perhaps you have the same?! Good luck and good breathing!

1 like
Lizzie1956

Thank you.

Liz x

wheezy01

Yes I’ve been on xolair a year hoping I might get off it soon, before xolair I was in hospital every few years this since I started xolair I have been admitted 3 times in 12 months all three asthma attacks needing resus. Had never been in resus previously. My attacks have reduced but the ones I do have are now much more serious and life threatening needing weeks of recovery

Lizzie1956
Lizzie1956
in reply to wheezy01

Ouch. That’s v scary!!! You poor love x

You may also like...