Hey everyone, I'm looking for some opinions about prednisolone please?
My 4 year old daughter is on flixotide 50 x 4 puffs morning & night. She has been really well since a couple of months and so upon advice of our doctor, I reduced her about a week ago to 3 puffs morning & night. She's having quite a rough time of it now and I put her back up to 4 puffs 2 days ago. I'm unsure if this flare up is due to the reduced flixotide or just coincidence as she has a sore throat - she's very hoarse - not sure if it has been cough induced or a virus.
Sunday night she had 2 attacks during the night, the second attack took 1.5hours and 10 puffs of blue inhaler to regain control. Last night she had 2 attacks in the night but less severe. The most blue puffs she has ever needed to regain control has been around 6, so given how bad it got, I phoned our doctor yesterday morning (morning after the first rough night), to let him know and to check with him that he was happy for me to continue her treatment or should I get her checked. He said he was happy but if she required 10 puffs again last night I was to contact NHS24. He also offered a prescription of Prednisolone. I declined and asked to wait to see how last night went and decide today. Since last night was better, it hadn't crossed my mind. However, she has coughed a fair bit today and has already had an attack, right at bedtime, 7:30pm. She needed 4 puffs blue.
My query is, would tmor be too late for Pred? Are we over the peak of this current bout? How do you know when it's time to try pred for you/your child's treatment? She has had pred about 2 to 3 times in the 2 years she's suffered with her asthma, but the doctor has always advised it to be used, not ""offered"", if that makes sense? I'm not sure if I should phone tmor or not.