Raising Money For Asthma UK

Hello, I am new here!

Next month I will be running the Bath Half Marathon! I have Asthma myself which is why I will be raising money for ASTHMA UK. I have had the local papers covering the story too so I am hoping to raise a fair bit of cash for a great cause. If you are interested in my story visit wiltshiretimes.co.uk/sport/ and even sponsor me if you like :)

Many Thanks

Robbie Newton

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Robbie, have you considered setting up a donations site on JustGiving.com? They let you collect money and send it straight to Asthma UK on your behalf - and they can claim back gift aid on qualifying donations too.

If you set up a page there you are welcome to post the link to it here should any message board members wish to sponsor you.

Steve

• Click that link, and you can see I already have one! its justgiving.com/robbie_newton

Hope some of you guys can help :)

• On the subject, is anyone else here either taking part in the Bath Half Marathon or going to watch it?

• london april 22nd

Well not long to go now and the nerves are starting to go.

Actually signed up for the 1/2 at SIlverstone on the 18th March to see how I get on. justgiving.com/woddy Im busy badgering friends, family, work mates,local shop keepers, etc to sponsor me and even had the good fortune to get air time on 2 local radio stations.

A little tip that Im going to try that others might like to follow, is to run a sweepstake at work based on my finish time. Using my predicted finish time and

going an hour either side of it, divied into minutes. £1 a go per minute with a small prize for the closest time picked and the rest to the chairity.

Some smart ass at work as already asked if they can have ""Tuesday"", Smug git !!

• Almost There!

20 days to go now! Just hope the Asthma Behaves on the day!

justgiving.com/robbie_newton

You may also like...