Asthma UK community forum

air purifiers

has anyone any experience of using air purifiers?

the smoke comes up into my flat from the flat below, as my new neighbour seems to be a smoker, and I have become more and more sensitive to cigaret smoke over the years (to my frustration)

there are products on the market that promise to 'clean' the air - through water - has anyone used them? Can you recomend?

cheers

3 Replies
oldestnewest

hello

At the moment my daughter has an air purifier in her room as part of a trial from Great Ormond Street.There is no smoke in the house at all . her symptoms haven't changed at all and we have had it for around 2 weeks.we are on a strict cleaning , dusting and airing the room plan at the moment as part of this trial . If anything her symptoms have worsened and her oxygen has been turned up during the night. As i have never used one of these before I wouldn't know how beneficial these are , but as you have smoke coming into your house it may be worth a try . Nikki

Hi Zebra

Not had any experience of household air purifiers but I have a personal one (that hangs round my neck) which I use when out shopping or when it is possible I could come across smoke. It is very good. I would think that if that works then one in the house may well help.

Maxine

cheers

good to read your replys folk - can you post me any details of the personal air purifier you mention?

You may also like...