Well I took Sean to his apt at RBH today to discuss theophyllin and things havent turned out as i expected. Sean was actually quite well this morning which is typical when he has hospital apt until he had to do lung function test. He has been doing lung function for years but today everytime he tried blowing his airways tightened and he was coughing and wheezy so the nurse gave up trying to get a result. We saw his consultant who has decided that he wants Sean admitted today for 1-2 weeks for complete change of meds and a bronchoscopy and ph study. He felt it was far safer to do the changes as an in patient as Sean has been having severe attacks where his sats have been dropping to 72% . His current regime was flixtide,serevent,ventolin,singulair,dexmethsone, sub cut bricanyl. They plan to stop flix and serevent and replace with symbicort twice day and add in theophyline tabs. I don't know how long Sean will be in hospital as his con said he will be kept in until they are happy there is no more airway inflammation. The reg at RBH has just rung said they got outbreak of sickness/diarohea and a child just been put in the cubicle they were saving for Sean so he being admitted to the local hosp tonight and ttransfer to RBH asap.
Looks like its going to be a long couple weeks but at least at end of this we should be able to get Sean stable again.
I'll keep you posted, hope kids are all ok