What are the odds?

What are the odds of having sciatica nerve pain on both sides of the body. I've had it in my right side for over a year plus now. But now I'm starting to notice the same discomfort on my left side. It's acting the same way my right side did when it started on me over a year ago. I know it's rare to have sciatica nerve pain on both sides of the body , but now with it starting on my left side I know something needs to be done. I did think this would happen on both sides of my body but it looks like it's going to. It's been acting up on my all weekend and still is. Has anyone else had the sciatica nerve pain on both sides of the body? I'm wondering if I should have my go go on and get me set up with a physical therapist. This can get real intense at times some times my leg feels like it's on fire. My doctor hasn't xrayed me to see where the pinched nerve is I feel that should of been done when I told him last month I was feeling it more on my right side but it wasn't done. The last 3 days have been painful with my sciatic nerve and still is. Need suggestions if anyone has any . Thanks.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi JDQuinn75 I believe a Xray should be taken of your sciaticileitis joint to rule out the possable presents of ankyosing spondyolitis

Hope you get treatment soon

Brad8

• Hey Brad I was thinking the same thing. Something needs to be done because it seems to be getting worse. I'm staying very uncomfortable lately in my back, not mid part of my back,and lower as well. It hurts right now as I type my response back to you. I don't think it'll be a very comfortable day for me today. J. D. Quinn

• Hi JD Quinn I thought sciatica was only pain down the right leg because I believe that's where the sciatic nerve is. I could be wrong! I was treated for sciatica for three months 25 years ago until I had an Xray which showed I had a ruptured disc, so I ended up having an operation. I really think you should have an Xray. I know it's a horrible pain - really bad. I hope you get something sorted out soon. Good luck. PS After surgery I was pain free until five years ago when I developed osteoarthritis!

• Olly17man, I had osteoarthritis before the sciatica nerve pain . Mine seems be getting worse. The pain today is pretty sharp right now.

You may also like...