Just saying hello πŸ‘‹: Hi I'm new here... - Andover Fibromyal...

Andover Fibromyalgia & ME Community Group
2,312 members β€’ 351 posts

Just saying hello πŸ‘‹

Backbracelady
Backbracelady
β€’11 Replies

Hi I'm new here, just wanted to say hello, I have been suffering with Fibromyalgia for nearly 12 years, I feel like I need support from people who truly understand me, I find people around me don't get it and dismiss my reasons for not wanting to do certain things. My symptoms have progressively got worse over the years, this weekend I ended up in hospital due to pain levels and more nerve damage and crushed nerves in my spine... have a rather rubbish time right now! πŸ˜”

11 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
flora8

Hi, Ive just seen your post although it was a month ago. Are you still a member of this group?

Backbracelady

Yes I'm still a member xx

1 like
flora8

How are you feeling? Is your pain any better? :-)

Backbracelady

Not really, I have it slightly more under control with some new meds, but I am still unable to drive and I struggle to walk to far.. I do have an MRI booked for 18th, so hopefully may get some answers then. I feel a bit spaced out on this new drug clonazepam.

How are you? I hope you have had a good week xxx

1 like
flora8

Its hard when you dont have your freedom to get out and about. Im stuck in the house too - it can be difficult but then I have my comforts here too. Outside can be very hard to deal with when you arent 100%. How long have you been on Clonazepam? Ive been on so many medications and it takes so long trying them out then realising theyre no good then moving onto the next... My weekend was good - have been sleeping better since starting amitripytline but my appetite is huge and gorging myself on food! xo

1 like
Backbracelady

I have been on it 4 days, does seem to be helping with sleeping. I take amitriptyline too, 50mg works for me.

Yes being inside sucks!! People always say to me "Ah I would love to just sit at home all day" it makes me mad because all I want to do is have the freedom to go to the shops and buy basic things like milk and bread!! Also we are not just sitting at home, we are in agony, wishing and trying anything just to get it to stop for a while.

I did use a wheelchair for town once to buy Xmas presents, haven't done it since... I think about hiring one just to regain some independence back!

These bad spell are tough... but I do really fond comfort in talking to someone who truly understand me and lives with it too!! So thank you replying to me...

1 like
flora8

Yes, its really important to know you are not alone in your suffering - being able to share on a bad day really helps when youre low xo

Backbracelady

I have also tried a multitude of drugs over the last 5 years lol

1 like
Dizzytwo

Hi there :) I hope your feeling a little better. I just joined today and wanted to say hello xx

Backbracelady

Hi, I'm still in my bad spell, but feeling more positive and focusing on the can do's rather than the can nots. Hope you have had a good weekend xx

1 like
Dizzytwo

That's good to hear I hope you manage a good night's sleep :)

You may also like...