Hello after writing previous in regards to my falls my symptoms got progressively worse with my vision being affected and periods of forgetfulness and severe headaches (I'm only 46!!!). I went to the opticians for a thorough eye health check to ensure it was not my eyes. After being informed my eye health was perfect I went back to my G.P. We put it down to the side effects of the Flecanide I had been prescribed (200 mg twice a day) after my bisoprolol was stopped due to the side effects. My G.P. stopped the medication but was unable to prescribe me an alternative as he had to speak with the cardiologist first and would also request an urgent appointment. So I have now been off medication for my paroxysmal AF, on the plus side no more side effects but my AF is no longer controlled. After hearing nothing for 2 weeks I contacted my G.Ps surgery to be informed he had emailed the cardiologist but had hard nothing back as yet. I was advised to contact his secretary, which I did. She confirmed they had received the email but the cardiologist had been so busy that he had not yet read or responded to the email. I informed her I was currently on no treatment and this concerned me. After that conversation she contacted me back several days later and informed me that she had spoken to the cardiologist who had informed her to ask me to be referred for an ablation. She also informed me that I was now on the cancellation list and when an appointment became available she would contact me (even though my appointment was due in November she informed me that he was several months behind on appointments so I would not of been seen until March or April 2018!!!). I have been reading up on ablation and the success result statistics do not look that good as do the risks related with this procedure. So I'm stuck in limbo no medication and unsure as whether to go ahead with a procedure a consultant has not even been bothered to speak to me about and waiting for an appointment 😔. .