AF Association
15,708 members18,693 posts

Kardia

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you had discovered either a good alternative for the Kardia, or a good place to purchase one? I live in Canada, and it would appear the only way for me to purchase one is on Amazon with a price of $200.00!

Are you happy with it? Is it worth the price?

Thanks!! :)

17 Replies
oldestnewest

I got mine through their website. They had a sale on so might be worth holding out for a sale - maybe there will be an Easter sale. I'm happy with mine it's very accurate and simple. I only use it to confirm I'm in AF and record it. It can drive anxiety if you use it to check all the time.

1 like

I have had mine for years as it was an early test version when they first came out but it does what it says on the box. I seldom use mine but if you are trying to get a diagnosis they are a boon. Just be careful to use it sparingly as it is all too easy to become OCD with these devices and ramp up your own fears and anxiety.

3 likes

Thanks gentlemen, I will keep my eye out for a sale :)

See goldfish post. 79$ from alivecor

1 like

The problem is that I live in Canada, unfortunately the sales don't apply here. Here, Kardia is sold through 3rd party retailers on Amazon... who charge am enormously high price. I really wish I lived in the U.K.!!!!

$79 February special offer . Usually $99 alivecor.com/en/

1 like

I have used Kardia for about 1year now and importantly I have shared the results with my Cardiologist. He is a particularly cautious 'professor' type yet both recommended the Kardia in the first place and is happy to rely on the quality of the results. I agree with above comments about using it in a way that does not generate anxiety. good luck!

2 likes

I was given one by the AF association that fitted my old iPhone. The Kardia site has a special offer on in Feb for £79 (or $79 in the US). It sticks on your phone or for £10 you get a case too.

1 like

I wish I lived in the U.K.!! :(

Can't you just order it from Kardia.com in the US and have them ship it. The $79 offer is on the US site. Or get a a pal in the US to buy it an ship to you.

1 like

Great idea, but I actually don't know any Americans, go figure ;)

Surely you can buy it from the link I gave above for $79

1 like

I wish I could!! It won't allow Canadians to order directly. I feel oppressed, lol.

You could try using a vpn proxy like cyber ghost which you can set to make it think you are contacting them from the uk. It's free for the first 7 days and I've found it useful for various things

Does anyone know if it works with a Windows Nokia 640 model. When I asked Kardia they did not know.

I'm sorry to say it does not work with a Windows mobile phone- Androids and iPhones are supported.

Does anyone know if Kardia will work with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 ?? This phone isn't on AliveCor's list of compatible phones, I know, but maybe they haven't checked older Android phone compatability. And maybe someone on this site is tech savvy enough to be able to say ???

You may also like...