Report about health rationing - news to me!

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

Referral centres cause 'dangerous' NHS delays, BMA warns - bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-3...

This article could explain a lot, I was blissfully unaware of this system except as a means of 'booking' appointments. I knew there was rationing for treatment but not for referrals, no wonder hospitals are clogged with patients who are getting treatment too late!

Last edited by

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Interesting, thank you for posting. Will certainly watch the programme on t.v. tonight.

Jean

• When my GP tried to cover his backside with a referral to the hospital, it was cardiology that rejected it, not the referral centre.

• News to me too, will ask my GP next week.

• That system has been in operation in our area for some years - drove me mad as trying to get an appointment in 2008 -2013 with cardiology was next to useless & neurology was even worse, my very supportive GP rang the hospital after I had heard nothing for over 6 months and I don't know what he said but I got a phone call from the hospital the same day, very apologetic and an appointment - still some 2 months hence.

I ended up seeing someone privately and then was transferred to the NHS list because AF was considered a chronic condition.

• This is the tip of the iceberg! Rationing ,post code lottery has been going on for many years!

You may also like...