ah introduction

I am Alan ,i just had my first ablation 16 days ago, after 2 cardio versions ,and one return to rhythm with extra drugs, for persistent A.F, the ablation was Pullman vein, and the method crio,

i came to the site because even in AF ,i never felt quite this ill.the answer seem to be patience?

the procedure was quite painfull, and i heard one of them say they had touched the valve with the ballon. just breathless ,dizzy and with a headache now.

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Very early days yet Alan. It takes three months minimum for the heart to recover so you must take it easy for a while yet.

• Thanks BOB, i am in Very West somerset, so not far away.Sorry the pullman is the auto spell,still hope to get my heart running like a train, there again; i guess that ,like, the ablation and, every thing is down to the operator

• Hi Alan, Sixteen days is still very early in the blanking process as your heart has been through A LOT and has a lot of healing to go through. I hope you are taking it really slowly to maximize your body's best healing efforts. If you have sudden changes in how you are feeling I would call your EP and let him/ her know. Meanwhile, heal gently and be patient.

• Welcome Alan! Early days yet (speaking from experience I've had 7x Cardioversions and 2x Ablations.

If you need any help and advice just ask

• Thanks guys what a great place this is,spoke, to the arrhythmia nurse, on Tuesday ,and off for a appointment and a echo tomorrow,well hotel tonight as it,s early.

I am still finding every day tasks hard,and reading other posts ,i am surprised the cryo ablation was only under sedation, they said i felt it more than most,

i guess i should mention the vale issue to the consultant, i believe ,there was someone learning there trade involved.it was not the consultants voice who mentioned touching the valve, i don,t know if it even has any bearing,and i was sedated.

there was no valve disease diagnosed before.

but i feel so much worse than before ,when i was in rhythm,even just getting dressed,getting off the toilet, cause some element of breathlessness.

You may also like...