Things going 'bump' in the night!!

Well, here was I yesterday really feeling I had got over any after effects of having an Ablation/investigation possibly 6weeks ago. Back doing my 'Neighbourhood Watch Walk' around the village, circular walk 1.6miles covered in 30mins, averaging 18.32 min/mile!!! Thanks to GPS Tracker!!

Ended up soon dozing off to sleep, then suddenly, just felt as though a Cardioversion had happened to me!! Woke up with such a massive jump (for the want of a better word), just felt as though I was suddenly being brought back to life!!!

Wow! Anyone else experienced anything like it?! Must say I am dreading going to bed tonight 😴 💤

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yes I have these most mornings. Feels as though a donkey has suddenly kicked me in the chest. They make me Yelp and literally take a step backwards they are so fierce. Had them for last two or three years. Guess it's heart trying to go out of rhythm in my case.

• Definitely agree, so frightening at that time.

Mags

• Yes l have these periodically...Wake up with a start and my heart seems to pop/crack and I feel like a car that is being jump started if that makes sense...

• Sorry Caromia, will go along with Meadfoot, thankfully your experience does not feel as traumatic as ours. With myself it literally felt as though I had been thrown to another position in bed!!!

Mags

• This seems to happen when dozing, or shallow sleep, with me. Have to catch my breath as well. Seems more pronounced when on Bisoprolol, which I have mentioned elsewhere. Can be mistaken for Apnoea.

I'm sure you're doing very well. Keep up the good work.

Phil

• Thanks Phil, no bumps in the night last night!!!

Mags

• I am so glad I am not alone. Don't want anymore of these either, but sharing your stories sure makes me feel better.

• When we can catch up with what other A F'ers are going through, can be enouraging to ourselves, but unfortunate to the sufferer!

Mags

You may also like...