I have had AF for 15/16 years. Managed really well on Flecanaid for about 12 years before it stopped working.

Went for my first ablation 3 years ago which was abandoned because of Tamponade, 2nd ablation 8 months later was abandoned because of a blood clot in my heart, third one was not really successful, fourth one last August appears to be really successful apart from a few wobbles in the first couple of weeks everything is fine.

I am off all medication except for Dabigatran.

I saw local cardiologist yesterday and have been 'discharged' unless there are any problems in the future and London have said the same. So for the first time in 15 years I have no forward appointments.

It feels great!!!!!!

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!

12 Replies

• Thank you for such an uplifting post. You really did go through the mill - I am quite sure that I could not have coped with all those ablation problems. You deserve a medal!

Very best wishes for your continued good health.

• How good to hear such encouraging news! All credit to you for persistence in spite of adversity.

• Good news is always welcome.

• Great news! good luck for the future.

• That's great. That's how I was after my first ablation, complete success, no drugs except anti-coags and no more going to hospital :-) .

• Congratulations. So pleased for you

• Brilliant news for you

A perfect illustration that you need perseverance with AF - but you can get there.

• Marvelous news, well done you. Shows just what can be achieved with persistence and the right care.. Be well.

• Fantastic. X

• Thank you all for the great comments, even though I don't contribute often I do visit regularly and will continue to visit to see how you are all getting on and hopefully getting good results 💜💜

• Thats fantastic news x

• Always good to hear good news

You may also like...