I had my 2nd ablation in September (didn't work and I had to go into hospital about 4 weeks later and have a cardioversion) and at my check up I was warned that the waiting list was 8-10 months.
A couple of weeks ago I was sent a letter offering a place at a London hospital instead.
This raised a few questions from me that they were unable to answer due to the relevant member of staff being on holiday for a fortnight. This annoyed me at the time but now I am so glad that the information wasn't available - if I had accepted the London offer I wouldn't have got a cancellation. Everything happens for a reason!
3rd ablation is booked for tomorrow (only had 9 days notice) and I have got my fingers crossed.