All set now!

Today I had my Pre-Op at Leeds general infirmary including a TOE and was so happy with the care and attention I received. Really feel relaxed for Mondays ablation and if I'm honest I feel quite excited (Is that a little weird?). I was quite well informed about the procedure thanks to everyone on this forum, plus I had researched quite a bit. I have also agreed to have blood taken from sections of my heart as part of a trial researching AF, that may help future sufferers.

The hardest part without doubt for me will be the resting afterwards. That I don't look forward to, but I will take heed and listen to the advice given by so many on this forum.

11 Replies

• That's how I felt Jason, a bit nervous and excited. Had mine 10 years ago under sedation and it was fascinating. I really enjoyed it. I think maybe the drugs last for a while because I had no problem relaxing afterwards, which I would normally find quite difficult.

Hope it goes well.

• Thanks Koll. I've been saving all my TV program's so that should pass a few days

• Best wishes Jason, I hope all goes well on Monday.

• Thanks Jean

• Very best wishes. Regarding the resting afterwards, prepare for bouts of extreme fatigue. You will have to learn how to pace yourself.

• Thank you Jenny

• Hi Jason, I had my ablation at LGI in October and I too was very happy

with my treatment, I was also on the trial which included an MRI. I had

to have a GA and a second ablation after my EP was unable to ablate

the first attempt. I had to have TOE at the same time which caused a

very sore throat. I much preferred to be awake as you can follow whats

going on and watch on a monitor. Good Luck hope all goes well.

• Thanks Shirley. I had a TOE yesterday, but was sedated. My throat is fine, but my taste buds are in a tiz. Anything sweet tastes salty at the moment 😳 Hope you're 2nd ablation was a success.

• Good luck for Tuesday. Hope it is as uneventful as mine. You won't mind resting for the first week as you will be weary but the second week is a bit frustrating as you will feel loads better( well I do anyway ). Looking forward to hearing from you.x

• Best of luck for Monday. Look forward to being AF free. Mine is Tuesday.

• Oh hi Jason, I wish you all the very best for Monday and I hope the ablation works and your AF is kicked to the kerb. Take care after the procedure and I'm sure you'll be fine.

You may also like...