INR - too low

Good morning all. This morning I did self-test my INR is 1.7. I went straight to the hospital as I'm very worried. Now, I'm sitting in the anticoagulant clinic to get injection I've been told. Do you know what injection they will administer I heard the nurse Chex-something. Has anyone had experience like this? and is there a side -effect from the injection?

Thanks.

Rona

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Don't be worried. I expect that they will just do a blood draw test and re-adjust your warfarin dose. Unless you are about to have an ablation or cardioversion they are unlikely to give you heparin I think. Please don't get so worried about INR .

Bob

• Thanks Bob. You made me feel a little bit better already. I've been pace and ablate already.

Have a good weekend!

Best,

Rona

• Rona

They might give you a heparin jab it's very similar to warfarin but very fast acting

You will be fine

Ian

• Hi Ian. They are giving me Clexane. Thank you.

Best,

Rona

• I wonder if they were talking about coaguchek?? That's just a blood test as they would check your INR too.

I think they will just increase your warfarin and it rises quite quickly so don't worry

• Thanks Rosy.

Have a good day.

Best,

Rona

• Clexane is a type of Heparin so you are in good hands!

• Hi Rosy. Had the Clexane injection and they have increased warfarin dosage so hopefully, INR should be stable soon.

Thanks.

Rona

You may also like...