I'd be grateful to hear everyone's experiences- I wasn't able to go to the Birmingham meeting last year and those who have discussed it here seem to say it was thought the earlier one had ablation the better were the results.
I started with a two hour , very vigorous episode of AF last August ( took about 3 months to recover) and have had seven short minor episodes since then and then an eighth episode recently which was, again two hours. The EP I have seen says that as I have vagal AF, Flecanide ( after a heart scan I am to have soon), is the only med that is suitable. I felt confident in her record re ablation and decided to wait until symptons were frequent enough to warrant it. Problem is I don't want to risk structural changes from AF which might make ablation less successful so would really like to hear how much AF people experienced before they decided on ablation??
Thank you to all those who have replied when I put this on the question stream