Advanced Prostate Cancer
5,202 members4,870 posts

ED following radical prostectemy and radiation

I am 72 years old and have had a radical prostectemy (spelling?) and 39 radiation treatments about six years ago. I had an artificial sphincter put in last year to correct my incontinence. That is great , however I am still impotent. I am considering a penile implant, but I would like to know if there are any satisfactory nonsurgical solutions to this problem. I have tried Levitra and it did not wok well. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

2 Replies

The only thing that works at all for me is Trimix. Trimix is an injectable three-drug prescribed medication used to treat erectile dysfunction. The active ingredients in the mixture are usually alprostadil, papaverine, and phentolamine. The injection must be compounded by a pharmacy and administered via intracavernosal injection (an injection at the base of the penis).[1][2][3] Trimix is typically compounded by a pharmacy in a sterile environment and then frozen. The compound is stable for up to 6 months while stored frozen and for 1 month if stored refrigerated beginning at the time of manufacture.[4] -- Apparently it is also available as a gel. I am only familiar with the injection.


Trimix also worked well for me. Once you get over the thought, the injection itself is no big deal.


You may also like...