Adenomyosis Advice Association

Hi everyone

My name is Lauren and I am a new member for the Adenomyosis Advice Association.

I have had Endometriosis for years and have undergone 2 laparoscopic surgeries in the last 2 years where they removed significant amounts.

However, I underwent my 3rd laparoscopic surgery very recently and they didn’t find any “new Endometriosis growths” which to me was quite shocking due to the amount of pain I had been in. Prior to this 3rd lap, I had been out of the medical menopause for 4 months and it was during these 4 months my symptoms rocketed (whereas whilst i was in the medical menopause I was pretty much symptom free). These included:

- severe pelvic pain that prevented me from going to work (first time in a long time that’s happened!)

-agony after intercourse

-heavy and very long periods

- intense bladder symptoms

- feeling like my insides were going to fall out

Now the surgeons have suggested that they think I have adenomyosis and that this is the cause of all my pain. They also said I have nerve damage from previous deep Endometriosis growths.

I just wanted to know if anyone else has had a similar experience with their diagnosis? I’ve been told unless I want a hysterectomy right now, they can’t “officially” diagnose it (as they’ll send it off to the lab) but are happy to give me the diagnosis, especially as the medical menopause worked so well.

I also want to know what I do now? I know there is no cure but I feel at a loose end.

Thank you

Lauren