Anticoagulation UK
2,285 members818 posts

Warfarin and levofloxacin

I am so glad I fly home tomorrow, I feel like warfarin has spoiled my holiday- not only did my inr rocket to 5.4 but couple days ago I developed a terrible chest infection so got some antibiotics from the pharmacy- 2 days in read the side effects with warfarin and that particular antibiotic as not recommended - so I now have stopped both until I get home as my inr jumped to 3.7 from 2.2. Best wishes and sorry to moan.

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Don't be sorry to moan. It's better to get things out in the open than let them fester.

1 like

How long have you stopped taking your warfarin, I would say that I wouldn’t stop it for more than a day if you have you may need to have an injection of clexane or heparin type drug to cover you.

Yesterday stopped but resuming 5mg today - as flying later and have stopped the antibiotics. Thanks daisyd

1 like

I love my little machine I feel it has paid for itself this holiday as the medical centre wanted £30 euro a blood test, plus it's about 5 miles away.

I have a coaguchex machine expensive to buy but the best thing I have ever bought

2 likes

You may also like...