My father-in-law has bowel cancer which has spread to his liver. He's had two courses of chemotherapy and a stent fitted to his bowel. He's had his second scan now and is awaiting results but he won't get these for another month. In the meantime he's suffering with bad pains in his stomach. He won't phone the docs to tell them though as he says he's going there for results and he'll tell them then, but this will be another month of suffering. I think he should be contacting them right away in case there's a problem with the stent or something. Seems silly he's suffering if there's something they can do. Do you think he should wait until the scan results to say something or should he be contacting them right away?
Content on HealthUnlocked does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.