The Australian Sjögren's Syndrome Association
1,745 members538 posts

Sore knees for Christmas!

I have sjogrens with all the muscle and joint pain. I have now got sore knees which started 4 weeks ago and get sore in bed at night. My question is- is this sjogrens related ?

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi there! Yes it is. I also get the muscle/joint pain and sometimes skin becomes sensitive in different places. Since it's a connective tissue inflammation that pretty much means everywhere. Hope you feel better!

2 likes

Thanks for that , itsvery much out of the blue so I thought it was probably the sjogrens! Im with the rheumy next Friday so will check with her. How are you ? Did you have a good Christmas?

I did. How about you? other than the aches and pains of course. The only good thing about all of the odd aches, pains and symptoms I have is I know it's bound to end at some point but I still become concerned if it's just a sjogren's flare or actually unrelated.

1 like

I have been so busy i wasnt sure if the increased pains was tiredness, but maybe this is a flare as well . It had been a while since i had one so maybe this is the cause . I might be getting more rituximab next week si the timing will be good. Wishing you a painless 2017 xx

Are u in Sydney? I am , and the extremely hot weather we've had the last two days has knocked me around terribly. This usually causes a flare in me . Happy new year fellow Sjogrens buddies !

1 like

Hi I live in Melbourne, but used to live in Ireland. I am now Irish/ Australian with both passports. I have recently been diagnosed with Sjogrens, and after getting over the initial shock of this lifelong syndrome, I have now adjusted and accept with relief that someone believes all the bazare symptoms I have that I never knew were related to one syndrome.

All the best for 2017.

1 like

I wish i was on sydney , Iam in cold Ireland !! Abit of hot weather might help but would probably start to suffer with it as well 😐 HAPPY NEW YEAR X

1 like

I think the warm nights we have here are very difficult to cope with, especially when the joints are aching and feet are burning I crave an ice pack to cool the feet and anclles down.

1 like

I have psoriasis but on the soles of my feet so I have to wrap them in plastic so they don't dry up and wake me itching all the time . Do you get cramps across the top of your feet ?

1 like

I get burning feet dispite it being cold here and for some reason i have been getting more cramps in lower legs since my knees have been bad! Is there a connection??

You may also like...