Pain Concern
22,014 members7,495 posts

Hi gang (I'm also back) to bore you all again

Hey!

My lower back is still bad but my pain is now stabilized on 40 mg of Oxycontin a day with 20 mg of oxycodone for any breakthrough pain.

I start Physio again soon. This time with more manual manipulation.

My Consultant has said that my facet joints are being overloaded. I think walking with bad posture and then trying to hold myself up straight - for

years, has caught up with me! MRI is still clear.

How are you all?

James

2 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi james its good to hear that your medication is working for you. When i had manual manipulation i found it so painful that it brought tears to my eyes. However that was before they diagnosed a fractured vertabra. Hope it works well for you as chronic pain is hard to deal with. Let us know how the physiotherapy goes. X

LYNNE

1 like

Hi James, similar Back problems. After 24 years finally getting a option of Surgery. But long way off yet. A Neuro Consultant Has 1 year waiting list!! Can't take Meds your on. As severe Asthma & Stomach problems. Take Butrans Patches & Parcetemol. I am going to Physio for Manipulation. With Ultra sound & other Machine. Have to go Private. As NHS will not do Hands On Treatment well in my area.!! So I limit to what Can Afford. Truly hope you get Some Relief from your Physio. Jan. X

You may also like...