So, here's a list of things, in no particular order, that I think are great about quitting...
1. More space in my pockets when I go out. Just a phone and the wallet. No cig packs and lighters. Yay!
2. No panic at night in case I am down to my last few cigs for the day. No rushing to the corner shop to buy a new pack *just in case I run out*.
3. No alcohol! I smoke and then I drink. I drink and then I smoke. I stopped smoking and pretty much immediately I stopped drinking too!
4. I sleep better over fewer hours at night. Wake up with a spring in your step.
5. Mouth feels, tastes and smells fresh fresh fresh!
6. Diet is better. Appetite is bigger. I have read about people gaining weight- but in my case, I am back to my clean 5-6 meals a day and 8-10 miles cycling per day and I feel good. Next step- hit the weights at the gym.
7. House smells clean. I used to smoke in the balcony but the smoke does creep in doesn't it. No more smoke = fresher lounge/diner. Result!
8. 10 quid saving per day ain't bad at all is it!
9. More to follow...