No Smoking Day
2,659 members31,364 posts

Day 4 and struggling

Hi

Day 4 and really struggling this morning. Tears streaming down my face for nothing, not really crying just that tears will not stop coming.

I am not going to smoke, just want to feel better. Motivation low need to kick myself to get going. Sucking hard on a lozenge and have a patch on but can't get rid of the feeling.

Tears stopped at moment as I post this must be good to be voicing how you feel.

Hope you all have a good day xxxxxx

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Awww hun that's foul isn't it?

((((hugs))))

I felt exactly the same a couple of days ago, angry, grumpy, teary, the works *but* it passes - posting on here really helps like you found!!

I can recommend if you're into (legal :p) herbal stuff rhodiola liquid too, it tastes rancid, but it really does calm you down *and* the best bit for ex-smokers like us is that it activates the same brain receptors as smoking - some people use it as a quit aid actually.

It's about £12 on Amazon, or probably available in health shops :)

Hang in there Gilly, you can do it!!

xxx

Bless you Gilly, perhaps you could let go and have a real sobbing session, crying releases endorphins which may be why you're "leaking" as the brain realises this and is trying to get a fix of feel good, rescue remedy is also helpful, I always have some in my bag. ;)

Hang on in there Gilly, you are doing so well.

Hope it gets better for you very very soon! x

Awww Gilly im sorry :( Its horrible I know, I remember being an emotional wreck....but I do recommend what others have said, and that's a good old fashioned cry session!!

It will pass Gilly, and I know you probably wont see that just yet, but it will pass and it will get easier too :) Hang on in there Gilly, and keep us posted here too :):)

You can do it Gilly, just do whatever it takes to get you through this day.

Stick with it now ya hear! hope you feel better soon.

Motivation low need to kick myself to get going.

Hi Gilly,

It's a few hours down the track, so I hope you feel a bit better now :)

Seriously, read THIS ...and that goes for anyone who feels a bit wobbly!

Cheers,

Steve

Come on Gilly, you've done the hardest first three days and there's only one way to make sure you don't have to do them again....dig deep and keep posting :)

Keep going it gets better, I cried those first few days like someone had died it was awful but it dose stop :)

Day 4 and really struggling this morning. Tears streaming down my face for nothing, not really crying just that tears will not stop coming

Poor you - I totally know how it feels as exactly the same happened to me. Keep going, you will feel less emotional as time goes on, I promise!

You may also like...