Day 9 - getting better!!

Hiya :)

First off a big thankyou to all the lovely people who helped me through yesterday - was feeling at the end of my rope and knowing that there are people to help got me through!!

It's a most odd feeling. I don't like smoking, I know that and understand that and know how p'ed off caving would make me feel - not least because chaining Marlboros is a b.loody expensive way to kill myself. It's just wanting to feel normal, but like Churchill said, when you're going through hell, keep going!! I will not allow myself to be defined by a smelly, disgusting habit.

Well today, I do feel better, still not exactly bouncy and know there'll be plenty more ups and downs along the way but definitely a lot stronger than yesterday - even if I am leaning a bit heavily on the NRT at the mo. :eek:

Am guessing it's hader this time round because I smoked a lot so it's going to take time to get over both the act of smoking and the addiction.

Still, I am not seeing smoking as a naughty, rebel thing to do as much as before - just rather stupid. That's progress 'cos it's always been one of my downfalls, and i got scared of being too much of a good girl, lol.

Right Day 9 - let's be having you and on to double figures tomorrow!!

25 Replies

oldestnewest
  • GET IN THERE!!!:D:D:D

Loving that up and at 'em attitude sweetpea, crack on and, when he pops his stinky head round the monitor, crack the stinky oik one!

:D :D

Am wearing boots today so if he does come round I'll kick him hard - and it'll hurt 'cos they're heavy :p

• Go Go Gemma-Lou :D

It really does sound like you're on top of this quit which is great news. Quitting really is ALL about the mental battle and it sounds like you've strapped on your fatigues and are ready to march right up to Mr Nicodemon and give him a right good flippin tellin off!! Good on yer :)

Stay stong and keep on keeping on, you really will do this, awesome stuff.

• Go Go Gemma-Lou :D

It really does sound like you're on top of this quit which is great news. Quitting really is ALL about the mental battle and it sounds like you've strapped on your fatigues and are ready to march right up to Mr Nicodemon and give him a right good flippin tellin off!! Good on yer :)

Stay stong and keep on keeping on, you really will do this, awesome stuff.

YAY thanks!!

Lol if I could get the belt off these trousers I'd whack him with the buckle but it's stitched in :mad:

It feels good to have pulled out of a time where I was "certain" to smoke - if I can do it once, i can do it again :D :D

• Now, this is what I like to see, our Gemma back on top :D

Every single time you get through a tough day like yesterday you gain in strength, self belief and determination.

You're way too tough to fall for any mind games ever again :D

• Now, this is what I like to see, our Gemma back on top :D

Every single time you get through a tough day like yesterday you gain in strength, self belief and determination.

You're way too tough to fall for any mind games ever again :D

Aww thanks hun :D :D

Yeah it should have weakened Nic - and I'm proud of myself too 'cos i survived from early afternoon to after tea on just Extra, my patch and you guys!!

I *can* do this!!

• ah this is like reading my posts, we do seem to be hitting the highs and loaws around about the same time, I'm just ahead of you but not by much, these early days have been hard but soon we will reach smoother ground as long as we keep going :D well done on day 9, hope it's a better one for you then day 8 x

Thanks Cupster!!

It's like being on a rollercoaster of emotions isn't it? But it *will* get better, and i a year we'll be in the Penthouse sipping drinks and celebrating!!

Hope you have a fab day xx

• Still, I am not seeing smoking as a naughty, rebel thing to do as much as before - just rather stupid. That's progress 'cos it's always been one of my downfalls, and i got scared of being too much of a good girl, lol.

Well done for getting through yesterday....each day that passes will make you stronger and stronger....

I also welcome you view on the smoking as a naughty rebel thing.....I suppose that is how I have always viewed it until now.....thanks, and keep going.....

• Well done Gem getting through that bad day yesterday.

Bet you feel stronger for it. Keep on going there's no looking back this time.

You know you can do it and like Cupstar I will be there at the penthouse with you xxxxx

• Well done for getting through yesterday....each day that passes will make you stronger and stronger....

Thanks!!

I will beat it, one step and one day at a time!!

I also welcome you view on the smoking as a naughty rebel thing.....I suppose that is how I have always viewed it until now.....thanks, and keep going.....

Yeah it was, know it's stupid but I've always been a good girl and it was my way of rebelling, 'cos good girls don't smoke *rolls her eyes*

Don't feel like that now though

Might get a tatoo though... :p

• Well done Gem getting through that bad day yesterday.

Bet you feel stronger for it. Keep on going there's no looking back this time.

You know you can do it and like Cupstar I will be there at the penthouse with you xxxxx

Thanks hun, yeah I feel a lot stronger - it was one of those make or break moments and I made it :D :D

We;re going to have a huge party when we get to the Penthouse!!

Hope your day picks up hun xxx

• Hi Gemma,

You asked: it's 724,000 :D

mathcats.com/explore/elapse...

Steve

• Hi Gemma,

You asked: it's 724,000 :D

mathcats.com/explore/elapse...

Steve

Oh WOW!!

Sounds ages when you say it in seconds :D

It's also £103

252 fags

and 2.27 grams of tar

7 trips to the Co Op

The tar is the scary bit, thought with lights it wouldn't be so much :eek: and the fact that although it comes and goes I still haven't coughed much up yet. :eek::eek:

• We certainly will my sweetie and looking back on all of this knowing we did it and found freedom :)

Am loving the positivity!! :D :D

• Hiya :)

First off a big thankyou to all the lovely people who helped me through yesterday - was feeling at the end of my rope and knowing that there are people to help got me through!!

It's a most odd feeling. I don't like smoking, I know that and understand that and know how p'ed off caving would make me feel - not least because chaining Marlboros is a b.loody expensive way to kill myself. It's just wanting to feel normal, but like Churchill said, when you're going through hell, keep going!! I will not allow myself to be defined by a smelly, disgusting habit.

Well today, I do feel better, still not exactly bouncy and know there'll be plenty more ups and downs along the way but definitely a lot stronger than yesterday - even if I am leaning a bit heavily on the NRT at the mo. :eek:

Am guessing it's hader this time round because I smoked a lot so it's going to take time to get over both the act of smoking and the addiction.

Still, I am not seeing smoking as a naughty, rebel thing to do as much as before - just rather stupid. That's progress 'cos it's always been one of my downfalls, and i got scared of being too much of a good girl, lol.

Right Day 9 - let's be having you and on to double figures tomorrow!!

Well done sweetie pie and a happy day 9! :) xxx

• Well done sweetie pie and a happy day 9! :) xxx

Thanks hun, it's a much easier day than yesterday WOOHOO :D :D xxx

• Gem you have a lot more strength than you think. You have dragged yourself to get here, a lot of people would of given up. So be proud girlie cause I am. We will knock out some moves tonight to celebrate xxx

After yesterday I think I must have :eek:

Thanks hun, that means a lot and oooh yeah we'll show them tonight :D:D:D

xxx

• Havnt been on here today,but really glad you are better Gem,well done on yesterday :DIm still plodding on see you on day 10 whoop whoop :D

• Havnt been on here today,but really glad you are better Gem,well done on yesterday :DIm still plodding on see you on day 10 whoop whoop :D

Hiya :)

I'm a lot better than yesterday thanks, it was pretty scary but that's one huge crave killed :D :D

So glad you're doing OK too hun :)

See you on day 10 woohoo

• Check out our double figures crew - GO GIRLS GO!!!:D:D:D

Oooh yes :D

That's Gemma, CarolRose, Ola and me isn't it?

WOOHOO :D

• Go Gemma - massive pat on the back - I love the way your quits going :)

• Great stuff Gemma. Well done on getting through yesterday. Glad today has been better :D

• Go Gemma - massive pat on the back - I love the way your quits going :)

Great stuff Gemma. Well done on getting through yesterday. Glad today has been better :D

Aww thanks both!!

I know it's worth going through a bit of manky stuff now to have my freedom!!

:cool::cool:

• Delighted for you Gemma,every day you get in the bag is inching closer to glory! :D xx

YAY thanks :D

And this time I will *not* begger it up :D :D xx

• Hey, double figures in an hour and a bit.

Congrats G!

• Hey, double figures in an hour and a bit.

Congrats G!

YAY!! Thanks, it's really going quickly now!!

You may also like...