Wow!!!

I had a HARD time last night. I saw a friend that I haven't seen in 7 months. He did not know I quit smoking and as soon as I saw him he said, "let's go smoke." I almost forgot I didn't smoke but then realized, "I can't do that; I don't smoke" I immediately corrected the situation and told him I didn't smoke anymore. He congratulated me, but I have been having a hard time ever since that happened. Ugh, the Nic Demon is EVIL. He comes out of no where. I, of course, DID NOT give in and I remained smoke free while he smoked about 20 cigs in an hour (felt like it anyways) ugh.... :-(

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Funnily enough I am feeling your pain at the moment, still keep arguing in my head about do I really want to do this and its been over 3 months, not sure when this will stop but sure it will eventually, the key is to be strong it will pass and there really is no such thing as just 1.

• One of those situational triggers; you shouldn't get that one again Kyle, well done bud :)

• Thank you

I needed to see these responses this morning. Thank you to every one who posted. I did do good. I thought, wow, this is weird to even think about. Then I remember something that Kat73 said, "Watch out for the Nic Demom" He does come out of NO where. I just want there to come a day that I NEVER think about it again! Will there ever be that day? I hope so... Anyways, I always appreciate the feedback from ALL of you wonderful, awesome, amazing individuals. :-)

Kyle :D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p

• Think we all have these moments when the nicodemon rears his ugly head, but we know now he can be brushed off quickly. Sometimes I forget I ever smoked and then out of nowhere comes " I really fancy a cig" thought. I was out celebrating my sons birthday last week, had a nice meal then quite subconsciously went in my handbag for my cigs, where that came from I had no idea, as I hadn't thought about smoking at all. Guess old habits die hard. Think we shall always have to be on our guard

• Well done for dodging that nasty Nic again! You are doing brilliantly and I'm keeping the champers on ice in the month 4&5 room where you will be joining me soon! Hang in there buddy!!!!!

Sarah

• I had a HARD time last night. I saw a friend that I haven't seen in 7 months. He did not know I quit smoking and as soon as I saw him he said, "let's go smoke." I almost forgot I didn't smoke but then realized, "I can't do that; I don't smoke" I immediately corrected the situation and told him I didn't smoke anymore. He congratulated me, but I have been having a hard time ever since that happened. Ugh, the Nic Demon is EVIL. He comes out of no where. I, of course, DID NOT give in and I remained smoke free while he smoked about 20 cigs in an hour (felt like it anyways) ugh.... :-(

Well done Kyle! :)

That was one of those "sink or swim" moments and you totally swam! It can be a tough situation to overcome, especially when that person is unaware that you have quit. So give yourself a pat on the back. :D

You may also like...