No Smoking Day
2,564 members31,303 posts

Day 36 tough

Hi all. Well got so far but for some reason it's felt tougher the past two days. Maybe it's because my wife is now smoking and I smell the smoke and watch her light up and drag on her fags. God at times I sooo want one, but so far have resisted. Actually when I pause and consider I don't really want one, it just feels as if I do. But it's still a white knuckle ride. But I must keep going cause I know the alternative, which is to slowly kill myself with these poison sticks. Like you all I must NOT subside. So keep on trucking friends, we can do it. Love Jonno

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Jonno, you're doing brilliantly and I really respect you for living with a smoker and not caving in!!

It must be really tough but you can keep off the fags!! Like Kat says, think how your wife smells after she's smoked - not nice is it? You know you don't want to smell like that!!

Honestly, I buy a lot of clothes on eBay and can smell which ones come from a smoker's house - it's minging!!

Hang in there, you can do it and one day even the smell of a lit fag will smell rank to you :)

MINGING is the word gem for smoking :D

Sums up this revolting activity perfectly.

Definitely!!

What I think is really weird now, is that I thought it was cool that I smoked, it was sophisticated and all that - but nope!! It made my breath smell, my hair, my clothes :eek:

I feel bad for the non-smokers I've kissed 'cos it must have been rank for them :/

Hey maybe that's why I'm single?

Hang in there Jonno, you know it's worth it :D

You may also like...