Day 34 of giving up smoking, and just wanted to thank the forum for the following nuggets of info I've picked up:
1) If you're on patches, wear them on your thigh. Moving them away from arms (and not so close to your heart) can stop palpitations
2) It's o.k to be angry and upset - everyone seems to go through it.
3) Drinking lots of water and taking deep breaths really can help to stop the cravings.
4) Sometimes having a sense of humour about these things help (although that can been difficult to appreciate at times - and dependent on your circumstances!)
5) Take it one day at a time.
But most of all, it's the people that have really, really struggled but have just managed to make it to another day of not smoking. You are truely inspirational, and I hope to be posting on this forum in 11 months time to say I haven't smoked for a year!