Snot fair!

Thought I'd pop in and update here. I've done 6 weeks now and have been struck down with a nasty case of woman flu (its the one where you still get on with life but feel utterly dreadful with a sore throat, shivers, aches and a bunged up nose which periodically drips like a tap) I'm not for a minute wishing I was still smoking but I never got this ill when I was a smoker. Am looking after myself and making sure I stay hydrated etc and reckon I will be over it in a couple of days.

About to start step 3 patches tomorrow and feeling optimistic that I can wean myself off them in a couple of weeks.

Hope you're all good. :)

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Thought I'd pop in and update here. I've done 6 weeks now and have been struck down with a nasty case of woman flu (its the one where you still get on with life but feel utterly dreadful with a sore throat, shivers, aches and a bunged up nose which periodically drips like a tap) I'm not for a minute wishing I was still smoking but I never got this ill when I was a smoker. Am looking after myself and making sure I stay hydrated etc and reckon I will be over it in a couple of days.

About to start step 3 patches tomorrow and feeling optimistic that I can wean myself off them in a couple of weeks.

Hope you're all good. :)

Well done so far. Sorry you're feeling rubbish :( x

• Sorry you're feeling so rotten!!

I said the same as you 'cos just after Christmas I got a chest infection which coupled up with my ex-smoker's cough to be, well, not fun!! But smoking plays hell with your respiratory system so anything extra when you're new into a quit is going to send it haywire!!

I hope you feel better soon - Smoking also messes up your immune system so you should recover quicker :) x

• Cheers m'dears.

Totally agree that smoking messes up immunity. It's odd because I tended to get everything going as a smoker, never badly but all the viruses would hang around longer. At least this way I feel like I'm getting it done properly and can get it out the way.

Kat, I did a 3 year quit before too. I don't recall it being as tough as this in terms of immunity. Mind you I wasn't working with the little people then. We teach them to play nice and share but I really wish they wouldn't share their diseases with me. :rolleyes: xx

• Pisky

You're doing well in your quit:) You'll get better much more quickly now you're not smoking.

Fi x

• Obviously not man flu. Men have bigger brains and other organs thus colds and flues effect them more!!!!! :eek:

• Obviously not man flu. Men have bigger brains and other organs thus colds and flues effect them more!!!!! :eek:

Wow Dicko, you have a big organ? Do you play for a church or something?:D

• Wow Dicko, you have a big organ? Do you play for a church or something?:D

I play anywhere, but not when I got manflu!!!!:p LOL

sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...

Sorry, couldn't resist

• Rofl. That's class Gemma!:D

• It's the Cornwall effect - must be something in the water!;):D

You gotta learn how to make your own entertainment in Cornwall ;)

• You gotta learn how to make your own entertainment in Cornwall ;)

^^ This!! ^^

You may also like...